Retinol: The Miraculous Age-Rewinding Ingredient
Have you been searching for the elixir of youth to tackle all your skin problems at once? Instead of a magic potion, you should be looking for the magical secret ingredient in skin care; retinol!
Retinol is ideal for all kinds of skin types, irrespective of age. Research has shown that it has anti-aging properties and can also tackle issues like acne and pigmented skin. There are a lot of myths surrounding the use of this miracle product.
Here is an all you need to know about retinol to help you choose the best solution for your skin.
What is retinol?
Retinol is made with Vitamin A and is synthetic in nature. Vitamin A is found in organic products like carrots, sweet potatoes and eggs. When you apply retinol to your skin, the enzymes in your skin turn into retinoic acid, which has healing properties. It’s best to use retinol in topical form as applying retinoic acid directly can be too harsh for the skin.
What are the benefits?
- Retinoid products work by promoting cell turnover and increasing the growth of these cells in the skin. When it breaks down into an acid, it can alter the structure of the cell and also stimulates the production of more collagen.
- Collagen is extremely useful for making skin look tighter and more youthful.
- It also helps to lighten dark spots on the skin and fade out acne scars. It can help you get a healthier complexion. For darker skinned people, it is more common to have hyper pigmented skin and discoloration due to sun exposure.
- It can also unclog the pores and improve the texture of the skin.
- It’s the most vital anti-aging product you can include in your skin care routine as it can help prevent wrinkles as well.
How to use it?
Here are some dos and don’ts of using retinol so you can reap the most from this miracle compound.
- You should apply retinol products at night before going to bed. Sun exposure can negatively impact the effects of retinol and cause even more pigmentation.
- Start out with using the product at least once a week and make sure to use it with a moisturizer. The right time to start using retinol products is after thirty, but if you spend a lot of time in the sun, you can start in your late twenties as well.
- Avoid exfoliating your face the day you use the product as it can cause skin to become irritated. Retinol also has exfoliating properties so alternate using a scrub as it can be too much for your skin to handle.
Want the best for your skin? Start with our Hydration retinol face cream which is organic and a completely cruelty-free product. You can purchase it on our online store for only $52. Browse through our website for some of the best organic make up brands.
Ready To Rock Effor...
Slight waves that add volume to hair make for timeless and effortless looks. They are appropriate for all kinds of events whether formal or casual ...Read More
Why You Should Add ...
A glass of OJ in the morning is not the only Vitamin C you should be adding to your health. Vitamin C is extremely beneficial and if it’s missing f...Read More
How A Therapeutic B...
Let us guess, you had a tough day at work and your back muscles are sore from all the tension you’ve been holding in all day? Excessive stress can ...Read More